CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATES
- ALL PATIENTS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR MASKS UPON ENTERING THE BUILDING AND FOR THE DURATION OF THEIR APPOINTMENT. We are unable to provide masks but any facial covering is acceptable.
- Patients will be screened for exposure and have their temperatures taken prior to entering the building.
- Appointments will be rescheduled if you have been exposed to COVID-19, you are feeling sick, you are running a fever, or you do not have a mask.
- Patients who have traveled during the two weeks prior to appointments must bring a copy of their negative COVID-19 test results.
- To maintain social distancing, only patients & those required to provide assistance are permitted to enter the building.
- We are actively monitoring employee health. Our team is required to take their temperatures prior to entering the building and to wear masks when interacting with patients.
- We sanitize rooms between each patient.
How We Are Keeping Our Patients Safe During the COVID-19 Pandemic
During times of community health concerns, we want you to know that your safety is our priority. In accordance with CDC guidelines, we have implemented the following precautionary measures to ensure the safety of you and our staff.
PATIENT SCREENING & CONTROLS:
- All patients are required to wear masks upon entering the building and for the duration of their appointment. We are unable to provide masks, but any facial covering is acceptable.
- Patients are screened for symptoms and recent exposure to COVID-19; those experiencing symptoms such as a fever, cough or shortness of breath will be rescheduled.
- Visitor access has been restricted; only patients and required caretakers are permitted to enter.
- Patients have the option of waiting in their cars until called for their appointment.
- Signs are posted to remind patients to keep an appropriate distance between one another.
- Telehealth visits are available to all patients with non-urgent symptoms and concerns.
- All exam rooms are disinfected before and after each patient.
- All common areas, such as waiting rooms, lobbies and restrooms, are disinfected regularly.
- Access to water and coffee stations have been restricted. Magazines and handouts have been removed.
- All staff and physicians wear masks when assisting and caring for patients.
EMPLOYEE HEALTH MONITORING:
- Employee health is closely monitored. Staff members are required to take their temperatures prior to entering the building. Staff that are sick or have a fever are required to stay at home.
If you have any additional questions on how we are keeping our patients and employees safe, please feel free to reach out to our offices at (321) 722-4443. THANK YOU to our wonderful patients for being so understanding.